Friday, December 4, 2009

Trudging through the cow patties

Well, winter has arrived...not visciously, just with some glittery, powdery, lovely snow and a crisp -15C. This morning arrived with a glorious display of hoar frost (sounds naughty, looks beautiful :)


Dexter passed out for his nap and I headed out to test out MY uber-boots and coveralls (yes, Grandma was with the kid). I trudged out to where I thought the men-folk were working...I was wrong.


So I found myself cruising around a field with a herd of suspicious cattle. Not showing fear...they kept their distance.


Being athletically challenged, I consider the snow-boarding jacket I bought in 1999 "new". That being said, I clearly have to revisit the notion of layering and adapting to the idea that my outdoor excursions may be more then shivering in the car.


By the time I hit the skeleton that Sam tucked into for an afternoon nibble, I was overheating - hood off, big mitts stuffed into pocket, zipper lowered.


And...that was enough outdoor adventure to me. I headed home, leaving a steam trail behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment