Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Simple Life

It turns out that Peter has farmed this land for over 40 years. He has seen things change from horses to atv's. These days the old John Deere is on a timer so if you need it in the morning it's warmed up and ready to go. Now that's someting I can appreciate being a computer geek from the center of the universe (aka Toronto). IT is all about automation. But, how is this generation managing it's legacy? I don't know.

The business of cattle farming is a simple one. You buy some land, put a fence around it and put cattle inside the fence. You feed and cattle and sell them every now then. Simple. Now Peter does not know anything about computers and I don't know anything about farming. But I'll tell you this, I don't know anyone from back east that has been doing the same job for over 40 years. He might be on to something here. I might be able to tell you why an account was locked out in an active directory domain, on what server, at what time. I could even tell you if this was a recurring event, possiblly indicating a breech in security or maybe it was just a typo. Simple right! What I cannot tell you is the best way to put a post in the gound to build a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment