Monday, June 21, 2010

Okay....the mosquitos are really, really disgusting

I hope for this to be my final moan about the skeeters.  I feel I have made my point....right after this.

I when outside to secure the chicken coop last night and wondered...what is that sound? Stood still and realized it was a generalized mosquito whine thrumming through the air. All around. Everywhere. No escaping.

C.R.E.E.P.Y.

I wanted to get inside fast before I crawled out of my skin.

Did the chickens cooperate?  No.

They busted out of the be half-gate across the main door.  Scooped up one errant escapee...the rest were too stunned to bother.

Went around to the chicken yard to herd the later-nighters inside and they wouldn't budge.

Had to forceably pick up a dozen or so chickens and not urge them through the door...SHOVE them through the door.  They were quite fine roosted up against the coop, thank you very much.

Just when you want to get the hell back inside you meet with a chicken sit-in.

Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment