Saturday, April 24, 2010

Useful as a brick...

Uncle Peter took off on a road trip last week for Phoenix, leaving a huge vacancy in the farm labour force, thus Chris and I were called in off the bench.

My morning, I was briefed on my duties in assisting the delivery of some bales to the field that still didn't have quite enough grass for munching.

I lounged in the truck waiting for the tractor to appear and enjoyed the morning.  Eventually the tractor came chugging along...

As it got nearer, I leapt into action, donned my rubber gloves, freed the electric fence wires off a post and held them down for the tractor to roll over.

I returned to lounging.

The tractor completed it's circuit, I held down the wires, it left the field and I reattached the wires and headed home.

I donned on me that the basically, I had been a human brick...holding down the wires.  Huh.

I pointed that out to Dad...he agreed...and shortly thereafter, we were fired.

Dad claims it was because the grass had started growing enough, but Chris took it pretty badly.  He got 'sick' the very next day and wouldn't get out of bed.

Aw...

No comments:

Post a Comment