Saturday, February 6, 2010

Impressed even ourselves

My sister Lisa and I impressed ourselves today.   We skied just over 7 km!  There's a great little place nearby called Good Spirit Lake with a groovy network of trails....and we went from one end to the other.  It took us the whole freakin' afternoon, but we did it.

As we were trudging along, I was pondering what little critters were leaving all the marks on the path, when I looked up, and what did I see?  A moose.  I'm pretty sure a huge beasty on long spindly legs that can disappear behind a twig is a moose.  And just to be sure, it pranced by again. Finally...after hearing reports all the time, I see a moose.  Yay!

That, along with some birds, was the wildlife quota for the day.

And the husbands and kids flourished in our absence too.

Bring on the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment