Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blub, blub

Dexter has embarked on swimming lessons. His genius parents puzzled over his flat-out refusal to enter the water one week and upon questioning the wayward preschooler, invested in Dexter-size goggles and now its All Swimming All the Time. Extra deep baths have been requested in-between swim lessons. Hero biscuits for Mom and Dad.

Note to Toronto parents: I registered Dexter THREE DAYS after registration opened. After a panicky realization, I frantically found the number, called with a frenzied edge in my voice. The nice calm lady asked what day, what time slot and told me to pick up my receipt when we came. VOILA! Take that Toronto Parks and Rec!

3 comments:

  1. You're missing out on the Toronto experience of waking up at 6:30 am on registration day and having three phones and two computers trying to connect for coveted spots. We'll be doing the same thing for skating lessons! Great tip about the goggles. Must. Get. Some. Today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...I HAD that experience. Not missing it. Goggles ROCK

    ReplyDelete